CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: ALL ONLINE APPOINTMENTS WILL BE A GP TELEPHONE CONSULTATION. THE DR WILL ALLOCATE YOU AN APPOINTMENT AT THE SURGERY IF YOU NEED TO BE SEEN IN PERSON. For more information, please click here- Change to Appointments - COVID-19
THE SURGERY REMAINS OPEN FOR BUSINESS BUT NEW APPOINTMENTS WILL BE TRIAGED ON THE DAY.
We will be trialling a new product called Doctorlink that enables patients to manage their care needs remotely where appropriate.
What is Doctorlink?
• Doctorlink provides the ability to seek clinically approved medical advice around the clock. This helps to reduce unnecessary surgery appointments, getting patients to the right place for their clinical need. Doctorlink will provide advice on how to best manage your symptoms
• Doctorlink facilitates booking an appointment with the surgery should a clinical consultation be recommended and is suitable for anyone aged 3 and above.
• Doctorlink can be accessed from any laptop, mobile phone or tablet device, 7 days a week from any location
How does it work?
• Doctorlink uses a Symptom Assessment tool to complete triage on patients who access the practice online looking for an urgent/same day appointment. Patients are asked a series of clinical questions based on their concern/illness.
• The practice will receive a copy of the symptom assessment highlighting the required action needed (e.g. day consultation with a GP) and contact you with an appropriate appointment.
• As Doctorlink is accessible 24/7 it is able to cater for both in and out of hours scenarios directing patients to the most appropriate place (pharmacy/dental/GP Service/A&E)
We will be working closely with the providers to manage Doctorlink’s integration into the practice and help patients get signed up. All feedback from the trial will help shape and develop the product ensuring that it is of use for clinicians, practice reception staff and patients..
Please don’t be a DNA! Missed Appointments are causing the NHS Millions each year. If you cannot make your appointment or no longer need it, PLEASE CANCEL IT!
At Firs House and Telegraph Street surgeries, a total 330 appointments were lost to patients who did not cancel nor attend their appointments in November and December 2019.
The total number of Doctor appointments lost to patients who ‘did not attend’ during these months was sadly107. This is the equivalent of 3 and a half days of a Doctors time lost, or closing the surgery for a whole day, and £2000 worth of wasted NHS funding.
You are able to cancel your appointment online through patient access regardless of how you booked it, or by calling our Reception team.