17TH JANUARY 2020 TELEGRAPH STREET SURGERY CLOSED FOR MAINTENANCE, PLEASE CONTACT FIRS HOUSE ON 01223 234 286 FOR APPOINTMENTS.
From January 2020 we will be trialling a new product called Doctorlink that enables patients to manage their care needs remotely where appropriate.
What is Doctorlink?
• Doctorlink provides the ability to seek clinically approved medical advice around the clock. This helps to reduce unnecessary surgery appointments, getting patients to the right place for their clinical need. Doctorlink will provide advice on how to best manage your symptoms
• Doctorlink facilitates booking an appointment with the surgery should a clinical consultation be recommended and is suitable for anyone aged 3 and above.
• Doctorlink can be accessed from any laptop, mobile phone or tablet device, 7 days a week from any location
How does it work?
• Doctorlink uses a Symptom Assessment tool to complete triage on patients who access the practice online looking for an urgent/same day appointment. Patients are asked a series of clinical questions based on their concern/illness.
• The practice will receive a copy of the symptom assessment highlighting the required action needed (e.g. day consultation with a GP) and contact you with an appropriate appointment.
• As Doctorlink is accessible 24/7 it is able to cater for both in and out of hours scenarios directing patients to the most appropriate place (pharmacy/dental/GP Service/A&E)
We will be working closely with the providers to manage Doctorlink’s integration into the practice and help patients get signed up. All feedback from the trial will help shape and develop the product ensuring that it is of use for clinicians, practice reception staff and patients..
COMING SOON...New Telephony System at Firs House and Telegraph Street Surgeries
As you may know, over the last 18 months we have experienced a number of issues with our telephone system that have sometimes made it difficult for you to contact us in a timely way.
In light of this, Firs House and Telegraph Street Surgeries will be implementing a new Telephony system with extra functionality that is more convenient for you and more informative for us.
We are aiming to make this switch prior to the New Year, so there may be some short term disruption as we install the new system, but we will try our utmost to keep it to an absolute minimum.
Once installed the new system will boast features specificaly designed to improve access and patient experience, including a queueing system. There will be times of the day when we will experience a higher volume of calls, but the system will provide more information about where you are in the queue. Importantly, the system collects data about call volumes that will give us a more accurate picture of demand peaks and troughs, meaning we will be able to allocate call handling staff times more effectively and allow us to deliver a more well-rounded service.
We are confident that these changes will improve the overall experience for patients and for our staff.
If you want to know more about these planned changes or any other aspect of our services, please do not hesitate in contacting us.
Please don’t be a DNA! Missed Appointments are causing the NHS Millions each year. If you cannot make your appointment or no longer need it, PLEASE CANCEL IT!
At Firs House and Telegraph Street surgeries, a total 330 appointments were lost to patients who did not cancel nor attend their appointments in November and December 2019.
The total number of Doctor appointments lost to patients who ‘did not attend’ during these months was sadly107. This is the equivalent of 3 and a half days of a Doctors time lost, or closing the surgery for a whole day, and £2000 worth of wasted NHS funding.
You are able to cancel your appointment online through patient access regardless of how you booked it, or by calling our Reception team.